Monday 3 October 2011

'I did not rape, I did not kill... I'm not perverse': Knox breaks down in court as she makes last plea for freedom

Verdict on her appeal due today at 7pm Knox: 'I'm paying with my own life for something I have not done' Former boyfriend Rafaelle Sollecito also makes final plea Meredith's family say she has largely been forgotten during appeal Judge has two votes, jury has six in making final verdict Prison chaplain Saulo Scarabattoli hopeful of release Tearful Amanda Knox today made a dramatic plea for her freedom as she addressed the judge and jury in her appeal trial and told them: 'I did not kill, I did not rape, I did not steal.' Knox, 24, spoke for just over ten minutes and needed to pause frequently for breath, at one point the judge asked her if she wanted to speak sitting down. But the American, who is fighting to avoid a possible life sentence, turned down his offer and after a gentle encouraging squeeze of her hand from her lawyer Luciano Ghirga she addressed the court. Speaking in Italian Knox pleaded her innocence for the brutal murder of Meredith Kercher and said: 'Esteemed people of the court, it has been said many times that I am a person different than what I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment